Sunday, June 19, 2011

La Jolla Festival of Arts... San Diego

Sometimes all you need is a little inspiration in life and there is no better way to get it from artists around you.. La Jolla Festival of Arts is an annual festival held in San Diego.. It was it's 25th Anniversary and about 200 artists were participating and displaying their skills.... I thought this is my chance to get inspired... And so me, my husband (Varun Mittal) and 2 of our friends ( Priyank and Himani Desai) set out to the beautiful San Diego.... The drive to San diego on a picturesque morning took our breath away...




We reached our destination and it was a big festival.. All excited we started exploring around.. beautiful paintings, mixed media , thread work, glass work, sculptures, pottery, photography... there was so much to see... and now so much to share with u guys..







 A comic artist made our visit more interesting as he drew cartoons of me and Himani right there for us.. and we got ourselves a piece of art.. here's the link to his new website..thisismylife.thecomicseries.com





While looking at the various paintings and the styles we came across some that were just WOW.. i just didn't have any other word to describe it.. some of the artists captured the light and the moment so beautifully that u actually felt you were there...

There was a painting which captured my eyes of a lady in a white dress standing in a bath tub... and while we were observing the artwork the artist stepped out of her little sitting place and said " I would love to paint you" .. It really felt good. thinking I  could be the subject of some one's painting..and may be some one will observe my painting like i was of that lady.... may be I will visit her gallery some day as she happened to live really close to our place..www.ellencbrown.com

We learnt how beautiful glassware is made and colors and designs are put into it.. and even got a present for myself from the artist who did it...  Who knew the a small colorful glass took only 5 mins to be made...


I also met Annette Hammer.. I just could not keep my eyes off her paintings.. such detailed work each leaf on the tree, each branch, each flower and even each ripple in the water was crystal clear and distinctive telling a story of its own.. do visit her website to see what i actually want to say... annettehammerart.com

I go to a festival and buy nothing... that never happens and I got myself a pendant made with Quail egg shell.. A real piece of art..




It was closing time for the festival and we headed out to the streets of San Diego to have more fun.. and beach was the perfect destination for that..

We did a little hiking too...



 and after that were too tired.. so to get ourselves refreshed and fill our tummies we stopped by a thai restaurant "Kitima " and had a lovely dinner.. yum yum..




With energy still left we went to see Sea Lions.. on the beach... It was soo cold out there... but a beautiful view.. sorry.. no pics.. it was dark and the camera could not capture anything....


Fully satisfied and exhausted we journeyed our way back to home sweet home... "Inspired" was a small word to describe all that I felt after the festival.. It was "exhilarating" and "uplifting"...







No comments: